CBAS will be funded through a 1115 Medi-Cal waiver and include different eligibility requirements. Here are some such requirements to participate, as outlined in a memorandum from Disability Rights California.
1. An individual must meet current ADHC eligibility and medical necessary criteria.
2. In addition, the individual must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Individual who meets or exceed Nursing Facility-A (NF-A) level of care (including those who live in non-medical residential care facilities or at home)
- Individual who has an organic, acquired or traumatic brain injury and/or chronic mental illness (must be diagnosed by a physician and require supervision for such life skills as bathing, dressing, medication management, hygiene OR money management, meal preparation or transportation
- Individual with moderate to severe Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementia (Stages 5-7 of Alzheimer’s Disease)
- Individual with MCI to moderate Alzheimer’ Disease or other dementia (Stage 4 of Alzheimer’s Disease) and needing assistance with two of the following: bathing, dressing, self-feeding, toileting, ambulation, transferring, medication management and hygiene
- Individual with developmental disabilities.
Assessments will take place Dec. 19 through January 2012 the ADHC center by a nurse.
Read more details here.