Are you 60 or older and in need of food? If so, you may qualify for a program that provides free food each month.
The San Diego Food Bank currently is enrolling eligible applicants into its Commodity Supplemental Food Program, which provides food to low-income seniors, pregnant women and mothers with children under age 6.
To apply, you'll need to visit the nearest distribution site, which you can find by calling 211 or 866-350-3663. You'll need to bring:
- Photo ID
- Proof of income and/or Medi-Cal card
- Proof of address (such as a utility bill)
Income Eligibility for Seniors:
- Maximum Monthly Income for a One-Person Household: $1,174
- Maximum Monthly Income for a Two-Person Household: $1,579
- Maximum Monthly Income for a 3-Person Household: $1,984
- For each additional household member: +$406